Okay, so, the greenhouse project has started. So today, there are holes in our back yard.
And Jesse and I are sort of overloaded and fearful and generally distressed. Because this is change. And change is disconcerting.
This is sort of the classic autistic resistance to change in a nutshell. Consider:
- Do we know about this change? Yes.
- Did we know about it in advance? Yes.
- Do we want this change? Yes.
- Have we spent substantial time and effort over a period of months arranging for this change? Yes.
- Is it okay that the world is changing in this well-understood way because we have caused it to change? No.
Go figure. I can recognize that this is weird, but the backyard is still wrong.